This amazing stuffed Zucchini can be adapted to be meatless or appeal to you meat eaters out there. these are super simple to make and oh so tasty!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 14g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1lb cremini mushrooms, finely diced
For Meat Eaters
- 1lb Ground meat such as Lean beef or Poultry
- 4 zucchini
- 1 tbsp oil (I use Coconut or Olive Oil)
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Cut zucchini in half and remove the seeds with a spoon. Set them aside.
- Set zucchini halves on a large baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large frying pan heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 3-4 min or until it begins to soften.
- Add garlic and sauté for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5-7 min.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to a bowl and allow it to cool slightly.
- Once it’s cool, add breadcrumbs, ½ cup Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, pepper and parsley. Then mix well.
- Fill each zucchini half with the mushroom mixture. Top each with 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 min.
- Top with the remaining Parmesan cheese and broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for around 4 days
Fit Food Options http://fitfoodoptions.com/